Call To Schedule A Consultation 513-924-4014

Requesting a change to an Ohio child support order

If you are currently paying child support in Ohio and have recently experienced a change in circumstances, you may have questions about whether the change will affect the amount of child support you must pay to your child’s other parent. At King, Koligian & Associates, LLC, we have a firm understanding of how the child support modification process works in Ohio, and we have helped many parents in their attempts to modify their child support payments to make them more manageable.

Per the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, you may request a child support modification if at least 36 months have passed since the child support order either initially took effect or underwent its most recent change. A caseworker will then look at your income, your child’s other parent’s income and your current situation with regard to health insurance to see if your circumstances warrant a child support adjustment.

While there are a number of different reasons you may be able to obtain a child support adjustment, many people who request such changes do so for similar reasons. For example, if your income has decreased considerably since the order took effect because of circumstances that are outside of your control, this may warrant a child support modification.

Similarly, if your employer lays you off, or if you are otherwise unemployed because of circumstances beyond your control, this may, too, help you in your quest for a child support adjustment. More about divorce and related family law implications is available on our web page.


No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email us for a response

Start Creating Solutions

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


9370 Main Street Suite A
Montgomery, OH 45242

Phone: 513-924-4014
Fax: 513-793-2982
Montgomery Law Office Map