Montgomery, Ohio, Spousal Support Attorneys
How much money will I get? How much money will I have to pay? These are the questions central to the issue of spousal support. In answering your questions, we at King, Koligian & Associates, LLC, look at the factors the state deems important in making its decision regarding spousal support following divorce.
To obtain the assistance you need in making sure this determination is handled accurately, contact our Montgomery, Ohio, office today.
Examining the Factors That Determine Support
Unlike other states, Ohio does not use the term alimony when discussing spousal support. In determining spousal support, the courts rely upon a state statute outlining several factors which influence support paid or received. While these guidelines help determine support, each court handles the determination differently. It is generally driven by facts specific to the situation.
The factors used to determine spousal support include for each party:
- Relative earning ability
- Age and the physical, mental and emotional condition
- Retirement benefits
- Duration of marriage
- Ability of the custodial parent to seek employment outside of the home
- Standard of living
- Relative extent of education
- Relative assets and liabilities
- Contribution to the education, training or earning ability of the other party
- Time and expense of the party seeking spousal support to obtain the education, training or job experience necessary to obtain work
- Tax consequences
- Lost income production capacity because of marital responsibility
- Any other factor the court finds relevant
Talk to Your Family Law Attorneys Today:
- Talking to an attorney is the best way to gain full understanding of these important factors. Whether you are seeking spousal support or will be providing support, a lawyer can help you apply these factors to your situation.
- At King, Koligian & Associates, LLC, we work closely with our clients to make sure that these determinations are accurately handled so that whether you pay or receive support, the amount reflects your situation.
We invite you to contact King, Koligian & Associates, LLC, your family law firm in Montgomery, Ohio, to discuss spousal support issues with professionals who care. To make an appointment, contact us online, or call us at 513.252.2046.